The 7th South African Innovation Summit is taking place on 16 – 18 September in Cape Town and to celebrate open innovation the SA Innovation Summit, in partnership with the East London Industrial Development Zone, are again inviting innovators to enter the Inventor’s Garage Competition. Entries are open until 20 August 2014.
This year has some awesome prizes up for grabs including an all expenses paid trip to Tokyo to the South Africa – Japan Innovation and Business Forum in October this year.
R 25 000+ CASH PRIZES!
First Prize: R15 000 cash
Prize for most votes on Facebook: R 5 000 cash!
The Embassy of the Republic of South Africa in Tokyo, Japan, in Partnership with SA Innovation Summit, offers 1 winner out of qualifying companies will win an all expenses paid trip to Tokyo, Japan to the South Africa-Japan Innovation in Business Forum in October 2014.
An industrial designer or architect can enter a model of a bridge or building; a graphic designer can enter an animation; a scientist can enter his/her discovery or invention (as long as it can be displayed physically for the exhibition); an entrepreneur can enter a prototype of his invention etc.
JUNIOR INVENTORS CATEGORY: Kids below 19 only
You can enter your invention / discovery / design / creation / model / prototype as an individual, a school team or group of friends. This category is brought to you by the ESKOM EXPO FOR YOUNG SCIENTISTS (Visit http://www.exposcience.co.za/ to learn more about it)
INDUSTRY SPECIFIC CATEGORY:
To be announced.
IT IS EASY TO ENTER:
1) Take a photo of the invention/discovery/
2) Write a paragraph of 150 words maximum about your invention/innovation.
3) Enter the competition online at HERE by completing the entry form between 1 April 2014 and 20 August 2014. No late entries will be accepted.
4) Please take note that the posting of your innovation on the SA Innovation Summit Facebook Fan Page Album, and the subsequent exhibition thereof at the Innovation Summit, will constitute a public disclosure which may preclude you from obtaining patent and/or design protection for your innovation. Innovators are therefore advised to take the necessary steps to protect their intellectual property before such disclosure. For more information, innovators can contact Lodewyk Cilliers at Spoor & Fisher –firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the entry form:
• Attach a photo of your innovation (please ensure that the photo is in JPEG format and does not exceed 1MB). You are allowed to upload a maximum of three photos. One photo will be chosen to post on the official Inventor’s Garage Competition Entries 2014 Page on the official SA Innovation Summit Facebook Page.
• A title for your innovation and 150 words describing your innovation.
• Your confirmation that you accept the terms and conditions (below) of the competition.
• Your personal and business details.
One of the photos you submitted and your 150 words will be posted on the official Inventor’s Garage Competition Entries 2014 Album on the Facebook page in the photo gallery within 48 hours after you entered the competition.
The WOW FACTOR
Competition Terms and Conditions:
• This competition officially starts on 1 APRIL 2014 and closes on 20 August 2014
• You can enter as many times as you like, entry is free.
• Only entries received via the entry page on the SA Innovation Summit 2014 website will be accepted.
• Votes (for the special voting prize category) will only count if directly voted on the Inventor’s Garage Competition Entries 2014 Album Page on FACEBOOK (this Page).
• The winners will be announced at the SA Innovation Summit After Party at the SA Innovation Summit 2014 and on the SA Innovation Summit website on end September 2014.
• Please ensure that the photo of your invention is in JPEG format and does not exceed 1MB. You may send up to three photographs. Only one will be chosen to be displayed on the official Inventor’s Garage Competition Entries 2014 Album on the SA Innovation Summit Facebook Page (this Page)
• The SA Innovation Summit reserves the right, by its sole discretion, not to accept entries or to disqualify entries at any stage should it transpire that such entries have been made by illegitimate, suspicious, and/or unqualified participants.
• Winners will be chosen by a qualified appointed judging panel. The judging panel’s decision is final.
• The SA Innovation Summit reserves the right to use the images entered for promotional and marketing purposes.
• The SA Innovation Summit reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at its sole discretion.
• For any competition enquiries, please email email@example.com or phone +27 12 844 0673
• Please note that the information contained in your submission is not confidential and not protected. You are therefore advised not to submit any information deemed to be confidential.
• By entering the competition you confirm that you are the rightful proprietor of any intellectual property underlying the invention / innovation, and that you are entitled to disclose the invention / innovation to the public.
• Please take note that the posting of your innovation on the official SA Innovation Summit Facebook Page, and the subsequent exhibition thereof at the Innovation Summit, will constitute a public disclosure which may preclude you from obtaining patent and/or design protection for your innovation. Innovators are therefore advised to take the necessary steps to protect their intellectual property before such disclosure.