Android Developer – Based in Pretoria, South Africa
Want to create some of the most innovative Android Apps, services and MVPs?
Excited about technology, open innovation and the startup space?
Find it fulfilling to teach others and work in collaborative teams and on multiple projects?
mLab is looking for a talented and passionate Android developer (not HTML5) to join our team as a project lead and code tutor. You will be leading a team of passionate young developers on exciting projects ranging from citizen science, enterprise, games and consumer apps.
You will have a lot of freedom to shape the vision and execution of the apps and services.
The candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years of Native Android development experience.
- Have experience in JAVA.
- Have a published application on Google Play or be able to provide an APK or reference to an Enterprise solution if not published.
- Have a good understanding of Material Design.
- Preferably a member of a Google Developer Group.
- Understand backend and front-end development, architecture and design.
- Enjoy sharing with and teaching others. Part of the job will include hosting weekly sessions at our CodeTribe academy.
- Will need to communicate clearly and be able to engage directly with our partners and clients.
- Must be passionate about learning and staying up to date with the latest SDK’s, API’s, designs and technologies.
- Must enjoy the Hackathon culture, be self-motivated, excel under pressure and thrive on autonomy.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must have South African Citizenship.
mLab is a mobile and technology accelerator supporting innovative local startups, entrepreneurs, developers & designers. We also partner with the Innovation Hub to host the CodeTribe Academy to teach youth how to code while working on real projects.
Candidates can apply by submitting their CV here: First Round Applications close 17 May 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with and personal interviews will be arranged.