Take part in the local South African SLUSH GIA competition to join the Slush 2016 Global Impact Accelerator program!
We are excited to announce that the local Global Impact Accelerator (GIA) competition will again take place in South Africa. This will be the 3rd year South African Startups stand a chance to participate in GIA and experience SLUSH.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator is a program created in collaboration with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and multiple global partners. The purpose of GIA is to create a leading global program to support startups that are looking to solve some of the most pressing global challenges and to contribute to the discussion on impact investing.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2016 brings impactful entrepreneurs from emerging markets to Helsinki to accelerate their business, attract additional financing and make an even greater impact on their societies and beyond. The program includes online pre-event coaching and the Helsinki boot camp program from November 22–December 2, 2016 culminating in Slush.
Last year 15 hubs from around the world took part in this program and this year it is expanding to 20. A group of 40 entrepreneurs will join the program after all the final selections procedures are completed. Also, all the hubs will be joining the program in Finland.
The design of the accelerator program builds on local innovation ecosystems, with the aim of helping to develop local capacity and support the creation of local impact ecosystems. This year, the whole of the Nordics will join us to build life-lasting connections.
Slush is Europe’s leading startup and technology event (Video), which connects startups and tech talent with top-tier international investors, executives, and media. In 2015, Slush brought together 15,000 attendees from one hundred nations for the two day event held in Helsinki, Finland.
What’s up for grabs?
- Online pre-mentoring program organised for all the selected participants.
- Helsinki boot camp program on November 22–December 2.
- Skills workshops and capacity building with leaders from all around the world.
- Industry specific matchmaking sessions co-organised with the leading organisations.
- Access to Slush 2016.
What are we looking for?
- A mission to solve pressing challenges globally. There are no limitations in terms of sector or geographical focus.
- Potential to scale.
- The skills and drive to succeed.
- A business idea that has gained some traction, but can still be in an early phase; At least a working prototype
NOT IN SOUTH AFRICA? The following hubs are also participating
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 12PM (NOON) ON 31 JULY 2016. (Extended)
* successful applicants will be notified of dates and locations for their final pitching which will take place in August 2016.