ENTRIES FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY CLOSED ON 8 JULY 2015
November 11–12th, 2015 in Helsinki, Finland
Slush is a technology conference for startups and tech talent to meet with top-tier international investors, executives and media. In 2014, Slush brought together over 14.000 attendees and more than 3500 companies for the two-day event, with more than 750 investors. The next Slush will take place in Helsinki on November 11-12th, 2015. One of the key cross-cutting themes of 2015 is “Slush Impact”: a program for purpose driven startups that combine scalable business models with positive impact on the environment or society.
Together with the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, UNICEF and other partners, including mLab Southern Africa, Slush features the Impact Accelerator program for thirty world-changing impact entrepreneurs from all over the world. We are now looking for the next world-changing business ideas that directly addresses global development challenges. Do you have one? Then apply now to the program by completing the form at the bottom of this page!
WHAT IS THE IMPACT ACCELERATOR?
The Impact Accelerator is co-organised with the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, UNICEF and other partners, including mLab Southern Africa. The Impact Accelerator will help the next world changing founders to speed up their businesses through skills workshops, networking opportunities, meeting investors and potential partners, as well as through exposure before and during the Slush conference. The program includes pre-event mentoring, a local Helsinki boot camp program from the 4th to 13th of November 2015, culminating in Slush, and post-event support.
WHAT WILL THE IMPACT ACCELERATOR PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE?
- Participation in the Helsinki boot camp program from the 4th to 13th of November, 2015: air tickets and accommodation covered for the duration of the program*
- Conference pass to Slush
- Opportunity to be featured in Slush within Slush Impact
- Opportunity to attend and to be featured in UNICEF Innovation Summit
- Networking and meeting opportunities with impact investors, NGOs, institutions, startups, media and other stakeholders
- Skills workshops and capacity building
- Industry specific matchmaking sessions
HOW TO APPLY?
Fill in a short application form for the local competition at mLab Southern Africa. The selected applicants to attend the local competition will be pitching their business in front of a local panel of judges. The judges will shortlist 2-4 candidates, who will then fill in more in-depth application form. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Selection Committee for an interview. The final decision of the selection will be made by the Selection Committee based on the application form and interview.
WHAT IS THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
- A great team that can convince us that they have the skills and drive to succeed
- A business idea that has gained some traction, yet is still in early phase
- A business concept that will have a measurable positive impact on people, society, or planet
- Business concept must be highly scalable and ideally have a strong technology focus
- There are no limitations to in terms of sector or geographical focus.
ENTRIES CLOSED ON 8 JULY 2015